Jack Kelly's back to basics articles
Jack Kelly has caused a renaissance in British trampolining with his refreshing approach to developing skills through rigorous attention to form and development steps. Before taking up his role with BG he had spent many sessions at our club and we have taken on board his approach as the foundation stone of our own coaching practices.
The 28 articles in the series were first published in BG's GymCraft magazine, and have been reproduced here with the kind permission of Jack who retains the copyright. They address many fundamental building blocks starting with Article 1 addressing Take off - simply click on the links below to access individual articles of to follow the series through.
- Take-off 1 and Take-off 2
- Use of arms in bouncing
- Arm-setting 1 and Arm-setting 2
- The Tiger Woods Approach - practice and drills
- Bouncing technique: Top Tips, Going for Top, Top or Turn and Linking back to front rotation
- Coaching techniques: Routine plans, Myths & Misconceptions, Tension, Get with the beat, Coaching like a coach, Time management, Don't believe all you read, You read it and Progressive coaching
- Landing technique 1 and Landing technique 2
- Lost Moves 1 and Lost Moves 2
- Twisting: The twist is the easy bit, A twist in the tale and Let's twist again
- Fitness Training 1 and Fitness training 2
Since the demise of the GymCraft magazine there have been no more articles produced for some time although it is to be hoped that either Jack will bring these all together with other insights and inspiration in a published form, or that BG will find an online method of continuing the series. If you want to read the articles in the order in which they were published then simply follow the 'Next article' link at the bottom of each page.