Brentwood Trampoline Club were delighted to hear in 2007 that they were accepted onto the Brentwood Borough Council Academy Scheme. The scheme is about creating excellence in sporting activities and "has been set up by Brentwood Borough Council to offer financial support to local sport and leisure clubs to assist in the development of young sporting talent".
The requirements we had to satisfy were to:
- Be based in Brentwood;
- Be solely for young people or have an official junior section;
- Have an established coaching and instruction programme in place;
- Comply with government legislation in relation to coaching young people and relevant provision under the Children's Act (2004);
- Aspire to excellence;
- Have members who can demonstrate Olympic potential; and
- Acknowledge the support given by Brentwood Borough Council.
We are committed to working with Brentwood Borough Council in future to realise the objectives of the scheme in trampolining and to support other Academy Clubs where we can.
To date we have been successful in renewing our membership of this elite group of local clubs in 2008, 2009 & 2010 (in 2010 at the new Gold Status).
For more information about the Brentwood Academy Club please click here.